View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 02:54 PM   #2114
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
We need some tough guys out there with Luka and KP imo. Even if development is the goal I don't want it at the expense of watching our two stars get bullied around because we have a soft team around them. Especially when it comes to KP and him having to carry the load as our only legit big man.

I personally am tired of watching tank basketball. At the first of last season before the trade I was having a blast watching the team. After they dumped all the talent I could barely watch. We don't need a high draft pick at this point. We need a good showing from our two stars so we can eventually lure a "big fish" in.
I definitely agree with you, in fact I've mentioned several times on this board since the KP trade that we need to add strength and toughness to this team....especially in the front court to protect KP if for nothing else.
You look down our roster and we have nothing but nice guys and finesse players and it would definitely be wise to add a bruiser in the frontcourt and a bulldog (Stackhouse type) in the back court.

Green, Aminu and Nene don't exactly fit those profiles but they are role players that do the dirty work. I'd love to add one of them but I do agree with the FO that we need to add some "firepower" to this team as well. I don't see that in any of those 3, just really good role players and TBH, Nene is simply too old and I'd only consider him at the min.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote