View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 05:13 PM   #4010
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJP View Post
Well DaviddaMonkey can speak for himself, but he has a point as far as I'm concerned.

I am hugely critical of how the FO portrayed free agency, and then actually performed in free agency. But at no time was I so upset that I threatened to quit watching the Mavs, or refer to them all as idiots. I realize it's all mostly exaggerated hyperbole born out of our frustration, but we haven't even seen a game yet.

I criticize them for overpaying and then I criticize them for not paying enough to get them. But let's face it. Kemba and Danny Green wanted to play elsewhere. That's just the way it is. We're not any good in FA, but neither is almost half of the NBA... and Adam Silver has pretty much admitted it was a problem.

So I get the eye-rolling disappointment. It's this kind of disgusted fury that's so over the top and juvenile. It's a fan board, so there's always some of that. I get it. But, and I know this is shocking, we actually don't know more than they do.
You just totally and perhaps (tactically?) ignored the last line in UD's response. I'm not sure how many times it has to be repeated for people to understand.

The owner lashing out on fans in a position of severe weakness changes everything with your response. Everything. Mike Fisher made a whole damn personal video of it if in case you've been living under a rock...and that guy is under Cuban's dollar! And I don't even like Mike Fisher, but damn, after that, I had somewhat of a new found respect for doing it.

And even if you wanted to somehow side with Cuban saying fans on twitter are dumb, well, the actions speak louder than words.

Seth Curry/Delon Wright/Bad guy from John Wick is the offseason so far and now the cap space is vamush! I'm rooting for them all to be successful, honestly, but there is also a good chance none of those acquisitions really have an effect on the win column.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote