View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 05:37 PM   #4015
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I don't understand why you see everything so black and white... You can be happy that the front office pulled off the Luka and KP trades while at the same time recognizing that this offseason was an abject failure.

So we're one of the best teams in the league at trades, but we completely suck at free agency. The FO shouldn't get complimented for its strengths while ignoring its weaknesses... Especially not when the owner is going after disappointed fans on Twitter.
Something must be getting lost before I click "send" because people only seeing this as black and white is exactly the thing I'm complaining about. I'm not seeing people say "I disagree with moves A, B, and C". I'm seeing people say "The FO did A, B, and C so they are stupid and I'm going to quit watching!!!"

My point is to take a more holistic approach and realize that there are shades of grey. They can make (or not make) a move you disagree with, but not be overall "stupid" or "idiots". I have no problem with being disappointed with specific decisions, but they thing that upsets me is writing them off entirely because you don't agree with how they spent part of one offseason.

Even within one offseason I don't understand how you can see it as an "abject failure". They locked up KP. They built continuity within the team. They added some decent role players. I would love if they had spent their cap space differently and I don't fully understand the reasons why they didn't, but I don't think that makes it an "abject failure". That, to me, seems like the "black and white" view.

Edit: I 100% agree that we shouldn't only compliment the strengths OR rail against the missteps. But all I'm seeing from some posters is complaints, with no acknowledgment of the achievements, so I guess I'm specifically trying to balance that out. Even better, instead of being upset about things we don't agree with, in an ideal world I'd love to see "Hmmm, this decision doesn't make sense to me, I wonder why they are moving in that direction" rather than "ZOMG! What IDIOTS!! They didn't do what I want or expect them to do so they are all sooooo dumb!"

Last edited by DavidDaMonkey; 07-10-2019 at 05:48 PM.
DavidDaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote