View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 06:10 PM   #4020
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
Yep. The same FO. We only have one. They've made some good moves and some bad moves in their history. They don't have to be 100% flawless or complete idiots. There's room in the middle.

And I'm the one willing to see both sides of the situation, so I don't see how I'm the thin-skinned one. I will say though that I totally wish I worked for the Mavs, that would be awesome.
The Mavs' FO is never in the middle. THAT's the problem. The Mavs crowning achievement, that wasn't even this offseason, was them stealing KP from the Knicks (Yes, totally awesome move. I love the risk/reward). There are 30 NBA franchises. Remove the Mavs and Knicks, and you are left with 28 teams. Out of the remaining 28, how many are run as pitifully or worse than the Knicks and subject to blowing it on their franchise player? I'm not sure if there is one left out there right now. Even the Suns are not that idiotic, so far. Take away the winning lottery ticket that is the KP fleecing of the Knicks and what do they have to brag about over the last 5 years? Luka? Yeah, I'll give you partial credit on that one considering they had to likely cough up an extra 1st to get him due to moronically winning meaningless games down the stretch.

How many of Dirk's years were wasted post 2011? He's a top 20 all-time player. How often does a talent like him come along? I will give Donnie a huge attaboy for zeroing in on Giannis, but we didn't get him. Enough with the examples. Now the icing on the cake is Cuban going off on the fans recently after previously CYA'ing it with lies that weren't even that believable.

Yes, I agree with you that the Mavs have not been 100% flawless, but middle of the road? say 50%? I wish they had been that effective. What % effectiveness would you rate the FO over say the last 8 years, since dismantling an NBA champion for plan powder? I'll throw 20% out there for you as a starting point. IMO, THAT's most certainly NOT middle of the road.

Last edited by turin; 07-10-2019 at 06:15 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote