View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 06:14 PM   #4021
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
Yep. The same FO. We only have one. They've made some good moves and some bad moves in their history. They don't have to be 100% flawless or complete idiots. There's room in the middle.

And I'm the one willing to see both sides of the situation, so I don't see how I'm the thin-skinned one. I will say though that I totally wish I worked for the Mavs, that would be awesome.
I think lost in all of this is that whether our front office is:

1) full of idiots who've gotten super lucky to acquire generational talent that carried us to almost two straight decades of winning basketball and a championship

or

2) relatively smart guys who have done their job, on average, better than most other NBA front offices,

we still got to spend the last two decades watching Dirk Nowitzki and now get to spend at least a few seasons watching Luka Doncic and Kristaps Porzingis play together under one of the top 5 head coaches in the league, either way. There was no gap there. Dirk retired and now we have Luka and Kristaps. That's going to be fun! We're incredibly lucky as basketball fans. Almost every other franchise in the league wishes they could have it so good.

Anyway, I think that's where some of us feel like some of you guys are just being exhausting in your negativity right now. Trust me, we ALL get it: this offseason was not a success. How many more weeks will you guys need to spend bitching about it before you're satisfied?
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote