View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 06:30 PM   #4023
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
They've kept you interested and entertained while operating at apparently 20% of their potential, so I'd say they've been pretty darn effective. And if they haven't, well then I have no idea why you are wasting your time discussing something that has been so horrid to you for so many years. That's a weird thing to do.

I once dated a girl for 7 years. We both knew not to long into it that there were too many problems and that it wasn't enjoyable, but we kept hanging on for some reason. Eventually we realized that moving on was for the best. Maybe it's time you for you and the Mavs to break up and for you to move on and find an organization that you actually enjoy rooting for and maybe eventually you can find some joy in basketball again. If we look past the Knicks, there are 28 other teams....
One word.... DIRK.

That's the only reason I watched post 2012 up until drafting Luka, and I've said that before a few times, possibly even in this same thread.

Now we have Luka, and he is going to be a blast to watch, so I'll be tuning in. Will he be another Dirk? Probably not, but it's going to be fun finding out. I want him to be the best Luka he can be and hopefully all of his playing time will be spent in Dallas.

I just hate to see wasted opportunities. For the last 20 or so years, the Mavs have been leading the NBA in identifying top European talent - Dirk, Luka, KP, and yes, Giannis, but the days of Dallas having an overwhelming European scouting advantage over the other franchises is just about gone, so the MBT needs to really step up and make better use of ALL aspects of talent acquisition available - that includes the draft and free agency. They've got to be better at something more than just trades. I don't think I ask for too much. I look at middle of the road as a big improvement for them at this point. Oh yeah, quit lying to the fans (customers) and treating them like dumbarses who haven't a clue. Mr. Shark Tank should know that. It's business 101.

Last edited by turin; 07-10-2019 at 06:35 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote