View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 06:32 PM   #4024
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post

My point is to take a more holistic approach and realize that there are shades of grey. They can make (or not make) a move you disagree with, but not be overall "stupid" or "idiots". I have no problem with being disappointed with specific decisions, but they thing that upsets me is writing them off entirely because you don't agree with how they spent part of one offseason.
Are you sure you want to go with that? One off season? This FO has rolled out plan powder for 6 or 7 years. This isn't about one off season. This is about the previous 7 years and the bleak outlook at improving the roster for the next 2 or so years. The 2 good moves they made killed our draft assets for trades so yeah good job but the job's not done. They really needed more out of this class of free agents. Next year's class sucks. Truly it's a shit poor free agent class. The potential downside is we cannot improve this roster in a significant way for 2 more years and then it's going to rely on us doing well in free agency when we haven't done well for the better part of a decade. And in the meantime we will get to read articles from Fish and his group of how financially it will be possible to get Giannis and somehow trade Powell and his super high PER with some magic beans and get Myles Turner to join Giannis on the Mavs in 2021. And then when free agency ends we will have signed 2yr older Danny Green and Biyombo.

So if fans are being overly critical and you are making the assumption it's based on "one off season" of things they didn't agree with. I think you need to rethink that.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote