View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 06:41 PM   #4025
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Are you sure you want to go with that? One off season? This FO has rolled out plan powder for 6 or 7 years. This isn't about one off season. This is about the previous 7 years and the bleak outlook at improving the roster for the next 2 or so years. The 2 good moves they made killed our draft assets for trades so yeah good job but the job's not done. They really needed more out of this class of free agents. Next year's class sucks. Truly it's a shit poor free agent class. The potential downside is we cannot improve this roster in a significant way for 2 more years and then it's going to rely on us doing well in free agency when we haven't done well for the better part of a decade. And in the meantime we will get to read articles from Fish and his group of how financially it will be possible to get Giannis and somehow trade Powell and his super high PER with some magic beans and get Myles Turner to join Giannis on the Mavs in 2021. And then when free agency ends we will have signed 2yr older Danny Green and Biyombo.

So if fans are being overly critical and you are making the assumption it's based on "one off season" of things they didn't agree with. I think you need to rethink that.
Nah, I don't need to rethink anything. We may have differing opinions but I don't need you to tell me how to think. And as far as Fish goes, he's the only part of all of this that I'm willing to say is 100% an idiotic tool, so I don't put much thought into anything he says.

"Winning" in free agency every year is not easy. I'd go so far as to say it's incredibly hard. I think the Mavs have lost out on some opportunities, but I don't think it's because they are always idiots. I think think they've rolled some dice, made some good decisions, made some bad decisions, but overall I've had a blast watching and rooting for them. Even when they strike out on plan A, (or B or C or D) I've usually been excited about what they are able to pull out of their collective hats in the end.

Over a year ago some fans were talking about how stupid the Mavs are, and then they got Luka. Then they were talking about how stupid they are and then they got KP. I have no idea what they will do next, and yeah I agree that their options are limited, but that's what makes it fun to follow and speculate about.