View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 07:01 PM   #4029
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post

How many of Dirk's years were wasted post 2011? He's a top 20 all-time player. How often does a talent like him come along? I will give Donnie a huge attaboy for zeroing in on Giannis, but we didn't get him. Enough with the examples. Now the icing on the cake is Cuban going off on the fans recently after previously CYA'ing it with lies that weren't even that believable.

Yes, I agree with you that the Mavs have not been 100% flawless, but middle of the road? say 50%? I wish they had been that effective. What % effectiveness would you rate the FO over say the last 8 years, since dismantling an NBA champion for plan powder? I'll throw 20% out there for you as a starting point. IMO, THAT's most certainly NOT middle of the road.
I cant think of a more unlucky FO:

2012:
Deron signs with Brooklyn and tells it was a 51:49 decision against us

2013:
Fegan tries to push Dwight towards Dallas because it was by far the best fit but he signs with Houston (and it fires completly back for him). After Dwight is gone we have an agreement with Iggy. Iggy prefers GS but they are over the cap. Like two hours before Iggys deadline to GS they are able to shred almost 30m in contracts because the Jazz are blowing it up. Two years later Iggy is Finals MVP

2014:
The FO actually realize that Dirk is no recruiter and they get Parsons. Healthy a nice fit but i think his recruiting game was as important. But he cant stay healthy at all

2015:
DeAndre pulls off the biggest ass move and ruins the entire free agency period because he backs out when every freaking other FA signed somewhere else.

2016:
Gigantic cap spike, Dirk allready dirt old, the Mavs try their best and get Barnes and hopes he improves. Was under this circumstances not a bad move. Overpaid yes, but not bad.

So...if you recap it you see how much freaking bad luck the Mavs had.

Last edited by sefant77; 07-10-2019 at 07:01 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote