View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 01:29 PM   #3
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I'd like to circle back to our free agency conundrum that we always seem to find ourselves in. It was reported that Green didn't come here because we were 2-3 years away from contention. Of course, we would be much closer if talent like him (or obviously better) would come play here. Such is the giant issue with plan Powder.

I do wonder if it says more about the players though than the franchise. Isn't a player like Kemba good enough to put is in the top teams in the West? Surely he had to have seen that. Or are we living in la la land thinking KP/Luka is going to be great and that Kemba still has to carry a heavy load?

Or maybe the FO just sucks a pitching free agents like they have been for years. All reports said Kemba was basically "the guy" yet we didn't even get a meeting with him? They need to hire SOMEONE who gets pitching to agents/players because man child Cuban and asleep at the wheel Donnie aren't getting it done. They rock at trades when dealing with other teams, but they clearly aren't good at the free agent thing.
The same article mentions his concern for how well KP recovers and what KP and Luka look like.

All in all, very valid points.

He also mentions tremendous respect for Mark, Donnie and RC.

See Article below:
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...ing-contention

Everyone needs to calm down. Kemba chose boston over dallas. For whatever reason. Maybe its closer to home, Maybe its because he went to school in Uconn which is damn well closer to Boston than Dallas is.

Danny Green states exactly why he chose LA and truthfully and completely unbiased, I agree with him in as much as I'd like him here. Timeline wise, Lebron and AD in the immediacy and from his point of view, I can see having more of a shot than our Younger superstars that haven't yet taken the court together. It may end up being a blessing in disguise.

I have complete faith in Mark and Donnie to right the ship. But first, Luka and KP have to go out there and show that they are worthy of being mentioned as a primetime duo for the rest of the league to take note.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote