View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 08:57 PM   #4365
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I was just interested in how much has changed from last season's opener to this season's opener. I'm only guessing that it's taking place on October 23rd.

Luka Dončić is still the youngest player on the team. 7 players have returned. The average age for the full roster is .47 years younger (26.99 vs 27.46). If we're looking at only the 15-man roster, then the average age is .81 years younger (27.39 vs 28.20). The oldest player has gone from Dirk Nowitzki (40.33) to J.J. Barea (35.33). Note that the NBA season also starts one week later.

Last year the tallest player on the roster was Salah Mejri at 7'2". This year we have 2 giants who are 7'3". However, the height of the full roster is actually shorter than last year after our big legendary German retired. We've dropped from 79.41" to 79.18". However, if we're just looking at the height of the 15-man rosters then it's really close, and this year's squad is a hair taller at 79.40" to last year's 79.36". Of course that's just based on the heights on paper.

I like how we're getting younger. I think this will be an exciting squad to watch this year.

Draft talent? 6 1st round picks, 3 2nd round picks, and 8 undrafted as opposed to last year's 5 1st round picks, 5 2nd round picks, and 7 undrafted.

Championship roster? 13 1st round picks, 1 2nd round pick, and... J.J. Barea. Do we need more talent in order to win? Maybe not. Raptors had 5 1st round picks, 5 2nd round picks, and 5 undrafted on their playoff roster. Amazingly, the highest pick on their roster was a 15th pick in the 1st round. We can do it!

Last edited by NeedlesKane; 08-06-2019 at 09:28 PM.
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote