View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 08:32 PM   #4387
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I get that the league has changed, and that KP is as good as most bigs in the league, but my concern is that he'll become a workhorse for this team and the risk for injury will increase in the process.

I'm not saying the Mavs should go after a starter quality center but just have a banger on the end of the bench in case we get in a situation where we need some banging.
Sure, guys like Adams wont be in the POs but we'll see him a few times during the season and I'd rather see someone else fighting in the paint with him.

I see KP as a Dirk replacement and we did a lot to protect Dirk from being a workhorse during our playoff runs and even every year after the championship. Why not do the same for KP?

I think it is unnecessary risk that could easily and cheaply be mitigated by signing an end of the bench banger/rebounder/defender at the min.
KP isn’t playing huge minutes and at PF he isn’t going to get thrown around. Dirk was fine and that was the era of the big strong bigs. I’m not even sure what PF you are worried about. There really are so few power PFs. If anything it’s the age of the agile forward who can hit the three and drive.

Markannen, Griffin, Aldridge, Bagley, Collins, Siakam, Kuzma, Isaak, Jackson Jr., Randle

Those are the best PFs in the league. PF could be the weakest position in the NBA and none of those guys are going to grind KP to injury.

We also have no roster spots so it’s moot. Powell, Kleber, Marj, Jackson, DFS, and even Roby and Doncic will get him rest. You may not like the quality of the players at PF/C, but our roster is full and those guys are going to play a lot of minutes so KP can play 25-ish minutes

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-08-2019 at 08:40 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote