View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 01:58 PM   #250
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
Nice performance: 33/10/11 is tempered (for me) by 3/12 from 3-point range; there's also the timing of some of those missed 3s. And 2 of his 3 TOs came again in crunch time. No question he can produce numbers, but at some point numbers have to convert into putting a team away, no? Especially a bottom-feeding team like the NYKs. I tip my hat to him, though, he did NOT shrink from the situation.

Expecting: I agree that big-number games can be entertaining to watch, but it seems the faster pace of the modern game has inflated stats, and that the value of a triple-double in 2019 isn't what it was in 1979. Ultimately, I don't care about Luka putting up a gaudy stat line, let alone EXPECT it. Or if he's going to go off, I'd personally rather see 20 points and 20 assists, rather then 40 points and 10 assists, because the former means that he's creating and orchestrating a diversified team threat. I look forward to seeing his game mature, and seeing him play a controlled game rather than a flashy one.

Too Good to be True: Luka is more than twice as good as I anticipated; and maybe half as good as some people make him out to be. Plenty of room for him to improve, and no reason for him to be immune from scrutiny or above criticism. I certainly agree that he shows the potential to be a dominant player over the next decade, not just in terms of flashy stat lines, but as an NBA champion; sometimes, though, all the gushing, fawning, swooning superlatives feel like consuming too much sugary candy.
If guys would hit more open shots from his passes it would put teams away. It would also help if our defense wasn't garbage. It's not logical to expect Luka to carry more than what he is, Obviously aside from a cpl turnovers or a cpl bad 3pt attempts. If everyone produced more, we would be winning more of the close games..not if Luka gave more. The reason everyone agrees we need a 3rd option is because Luka is doing everything he can to win and is wayyyy more ready to contend than the other Mavs.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote