View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 04:11 PM   #1329
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Barea isn't always the 2nd best offensively player on the team, but there will be many times where he is... I have to think that his lack of PT is:
1. wanting to develop the young talent
2. being extremely cautious with usage coming off of his injury.
This absolutely. Also "saving" him for the stretch run may factor in too somewhat, but probably less so.

That a 5-9 36 yr. old coming off a recent achilles rupture can even be considered our second best offensive player points to the not quite desperate but fairly essential need for another scorer, assuming KP won't be that this season (ever?). In the playoffs you need a guy who can score in iso situations. Also, even just to take the load off Luka until then.

Gallo would be great but I'm sure Milwaukee or another contender could Trump our offer. Best we could do is erase a bad contract and give them GS second round pick and another second (doubt they would deal Brunson for possible rental). Which they should only do if they feel pretty confidant about re-signing him. We would have his Bird Rights, I think?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote