View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 12:56 AM   #1435
LukaMagic
Golden Member

LukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
More minutes for Delon and less for Brunson would be my solution to better "takeaway" numbers, as he is our best perimeter chaos agent. I'm pretty confident we are getting someone before the deadline, but the high upside play may just be to unleash Delon, sit the midget, and live with his mistakes as he gets more comfortable with the offense. Delon brings a nice mix of defense, rebounding and attacking on offense and has shown he can shoot the 3 at a decent clip if given regular minutes. Even for the sake of trade value, maximizing Delon's potential is good for us. Brunson will maintain his trade value, such as it is, with that team-friendly contract.
Yes. Makes sense. But this would not be without significant problems. Our playmaking drops significantly when the second unit takes the floor, and I like having both Brunson and Delon on the floor at that time, because they can kinda take the load off of each other - i.e. when one runs out of options, he can pass it to the other to give it a go. I think that's RC's logic with playing both of them at the same - and it kinda works. I think if you push either one, and start consistently expecting too much out of them, they will crack. You gotta do it gently. But I am all for giving more minutes to Delon. I think the sooner he is truly christened, the better.

Last edited by LukaMagic; 01-28-2020 at 12:59 AM.
LukaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote