View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 07:32 PM   #1469
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
1st off he stated that the mavs couldn't beat the clippers deal

I countered by showing him a deal that as I stated IF the mavs wanted to Lee who matches harkless expiring contract, Brunson matches the clippers late round 1st pick and the Mavs 2nd round pick this year matches the clippers 2nd round next year

Now having said that if you took the time to read my response I also specifically stated that the mavs unlike the clippers were not in WIN NOW MODE which you obviously don't give up Brunson from their negotiating stance.

But that is a deal that trumps the clippers deal in term of value.

And for the record I'm not as high on Brunson as most because I think guys like him are a dime a dozen in the NBA easily replaceable.

But I understand the mavs point of view because they value Brunson a lot higher.

I just don't but that's my personal opinion of him which I'm intitled to have no one has to agree with it jeez it's a sports opinion board
Well, shit -- if all you're trying to do is BEAT the Clippers deal to make a point, then why not trade Luka for Morris? They'll take that offer in a heartbeat! If you're gonna spout off poorly thought-out ideas just so you can be "right", then why not go all the way? You can say the moon is made of cheese and call it an "opinion" all you want, but we're going to demand that you back up said opinion with facts and analysis... The "it's a sports board" and "I'm entitled to my my opinion" defenses are worn the hell out. If you can't handle your posts being scrutinized without getting all butthurt about it, then take a hike, kid.

Trading Brunson for Morris is a dumbass proposal from the Mavs perspective because it destroys our PG depth just so we can get another big (which we don't need after WCS) -- it's making a trade just to make a trade.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-09-2020 at 07:44 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote