View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 05:36 PM   #19
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
When Rick says he is not thinking about playoff seedings, what he means is that is not at the top of his priority list. He's much more concerned about helping his young players grow and learn. We could have won several of those close losses just by putting JJB or Boban in and taking Brunson or Wright out. But to me, and I think, to Rick, it is a much better idea to invest those crunch time minutes in your young guys, so they can learn how to handle them.

This team is not winning a championship this year, and by the time they are ready to compete for one, guys like Barea, Boban and Courtney Lee will be long gone. But in a year or two, Brunson and Wright could easily be as good or better than JJB, and at a bargain price.

Remember, Carlisle got hired because analytics showed him to be the best coach at making his players better. Finney-Smith and Maxi are prime examples of this, and so is THJ. I'm hoping to see similar growth from Jackson and WCS.

In this same vein, bigs who can't switch on D or step out and hit the 3 are fast becoming a thing of the past. Maybe not today with the Lakers, but by the time these Mavs are ready to compete for a ring, there won't be any Dwight Howard types left. Houston just dumped one of the best bigs in the NBA. Rick is coaching for the future. He's 3 chess moves ahead of his critics on this board.
3 chess moves a head of everyone else

Ok buddy if you say so

Last edited by Dallas41; 02-26-2020 at 05:37 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote