View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 06:28 PM   #37
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
To be fair I thought the same. Actually the whole league did. The Hardaway contract was considered an albatross at the time the Mavs took it on.
Same here. He was the second coming of Mesley in my mind, but with better handles and better passing. I was looking forward to the day he moved on pretty much from the moment he arrived. However, before I have a second helping of that tasty crow, I do want to see how he performs in the playoffs. If he can continue being an efficient, solid scorer come playoff time when the intensity is turned up, energy-wise, talent-wise, and defense-wise, then I'll consider him a keeper.

IF THJ can continue his efficiency and productivity against the NBA's better teams, then it's exciting to think about adding a 3rd option this coming summer, preferably a legit 3 and D wing with size. THJ would be bumped to 4th and Curry 5th as far as offensive production goes. THAT would be phenomenal offensively. Now, please get a handle on the defense against GOOD teams, please. Blowing out the dregs of the NBA doesn't mean squat come playoff time if you can't get stops against playoff teams in crunch time.

Last edited by turin; 03-02-2020 at 06:31 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote