View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 01:49 PM   #176
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I didn't want to say anything when I read that post

But you are correct sir....

I played college ball over 10 years ago and we had lots of guys on my team between the age 18-21 and I never heard a single guy complain about being fatigued before or after games.

Having said that the NBA is different these dudes get paid millions so they are an investment. They aren't really being load managed because of fatigue most of those guys are conditioned like a well oiled machine.

I find it kind of funny at times when I read things like he's sitting out do to fatigue or tired legs.

This is basketball your going to get fatigued and tired doing games. But usually a good night sleep or rest afterwards gets you recharged for the next game unless your dealing with some kind of lingering injury or illness.

A lot of these young guys played AAU ball so tbh B2B games isn't really the issue they are used to that stuff.

It's more about just protecting the players from injury at the NBA level.
Yeah it’s more about long term asset management, and from the player/agent side, it’s about prolonging the player’s career. Fatigue does happen though. You can’t compare it to college. That’s why the “rookie wall” exists, and every year you hear rookies and second year players admit that they didn’t understand how grueling the nba season was, and that they experienced fatigue.

You also can’t just compare 32 minutes of nba time to your nightly cardio workout, or pickup game. Hockey players play 20 minutes a night broken up into minute and a half shifts. Are they not well conditioned athletes? Apples and oranges.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote