View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 10:55 AM   #11
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Young team, Luka hasnt learned that trait of putting away teams yet. And KP wasnt winning games before Dallas. The time will come.
This.

Let's be real, folks. The Mavericks just aren't that good. We've seen stretches of brilliance throughout the season, and we've heard over and over again how they have the most efficient offense in NBA history (and I'll be honest, I really don't quite understand what that means.)

But really, here's what the Mavs are- a very young and still inexperienced superstar, a young and still inexperienced quasi-all-star, and a whole bunch of average to mediocre role players.

We've seen RC get the best out of guys like Curry and THJ, and he deserves credit for that. But all of these guys are incredibly limited. We have a roster full of guys like Jackson, Wright, DFS, and Maxi, who would all be 12th men on real contenders.

I honestly don't think there is a single good defensive player on this entire team. KP is probably our best defensive player, but he's only decent. Everyone else is mediocre to outright awful. Beyond that, we have no playmakers outside of Luka, bad rebounding, and even our two "stars" have a combined zero minutes of playoff experience.

So just to recap, no defense, no rebounding, and no experience, and we need a 21 year old sophomore to create every single shot opportunity. Is it really surprising then that the team can't close out games and blows leads? It's nothing mysterious. The team just isn't that good. We can talk about RC slowing the game down or whatever, but I think the real problem is personnel.

The Mavs do only one thing really well- shoot threes. That's enough to get to the playoffs in today's NBA, but it won't get you any further than that.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote