View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 11:58 AM   #96
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
The whining about lack of talent has become comical. The problem is COACHING. Boo hoo, RC doesn't have 3 HOF + 2 all-star starters. Nobody else does either. GS came pretty close a few years ago as well as Miami, but that's about it. He does have 2 all-star players, regardless of whether or not they got the accolades, and they both have HOF potential. There are plenty of other legitimate NBA players with useful SKILLSETS which, when put together properly should yield a team greater than the sum of its parts. This is most certainly NOT the current state of the Mavs, and the coach has to shoulder full responsibility.

We have been undersized in the middle almost all season, yet WCS, who we traded for, can't get meaningful minutes, and we'll end up losing him. WTH? Stupid. I'm not going to go on a Boban rant again, but he plugs the size deficit. The coaching staff is trying to cram square pegs into round holes in their system, and they either don't know what else to do or are just too damn stubborn, regardless of the number of blown games
. This is not the first time there have been issues with poor utilizations of existing roster. Hell, during the Mavs' championship run almost 10 years ago, it was the PLAYERS themselves who had to go to Carlisle to get him to make the most effective changes that were made all season. Remember how they had to talk RC into Stephenson?

Since so many people seem to think that we has so many trash players, answer me this. How is it that we has such a historic, all-time great offense? You'd think that after a while of watching an historic, all-time great offense composed of trash players lose over and over, one might realize there may be a disconnect between the stats and the efficacy of the team. Nah, not possible. cuz STATS! SMH

This would never happen, but since the same garbage over and over has yielded the same pathetic, dispiriting melt-down losses, I'd jettison the whole damn flow offense. Instead, I'd build my team around the talents of the 2 studs we have and implement a system that takes advantage of their actual on-court talents instead of some hypothetical mathematical optimum type of play which this team has proven time and again that it can't implement. I'd run KP and Boban as bigs closer to the baseline than post, one on each side, and play inside out with them on offense. Dump it down, they make a move to the basket, got to the middle, pass out for a 3. Hell, KP is skillied enough imo to be the offensive facilitator similar to how Denver runs their offense, and before everybody starts whining about what KP CAN'T do, well, I'll tie my wagon to one of the top 10 players in the league and look for him to lead and transform our offense instead of waiting around for Brunson and Powell to come back and save us. LOL

Sheesh. The stupidity is mind-boggling, but hey, what do I know. All I can do is vote with my eyes and dollars, and right now, there are much better things to do with my time. The Mavs are practically basketballs' Cowboys 2.0. :-( Very sad.

Edit: I'm always amazed how our trash scrubs just aren't good enough for the Mavs, but are able to play an impactful amount of minutes on other teams. e.g. McGhee, Mezhri come to mind. WCS? He never got a chance, but I would've loved to have him in Dallas on a 3-year deal with a coach who has an appreciation for size in the paint. SMH But, hey, they went out and got MKG after Powell went down, and he can play some 5! LOL
And you really think coaching has nothing to do with this all-time great offense? Seriously? You really think we have some kind of great roster, and we'd be so much better if not for our idiot coach holding them back?

Let me ask you, who is our absolute best defensive player? Hell, who on this entire roster is even an average defensive player? Who outside of Luka is an even an average playmaker/ball handler?

You seriously think we'd be significantly better if only we played Boban more? Or if only RC gave WCS a chance?

What round pegs is RC trying to fit into what square holes? What player on this roster right now is being asked to do things they can't do? Whose skillset exactly is being wasted?

If players like Boban or WCS are the difference between success and failure, then you were never going to succeed in the first place.

I see the exact opposite of what you see. I see two stars with very limited talent around them. The efficiency of the offense is the result of RC getting the best he can out of what he has- it's a perfect "modern" offense. You have a transcendent superstar in Luka, and surround him with 3 point shooters. That's the one thing the Mavs do very well- shoot threes. It's standard pace-and-space. I don't think RC has been perfect by any means, but seriously, the idea that this is some kind of great roster primed for playoff success if not for our boneheaded coach? THAT is comical.

Quote:
Boo hoo, RC doesn't have 3 HOF + 2 all-star starters. Nobody else does either.
That's a straw man argument, and you know it. Nobody expects three hall of famers and 2 all stars. What we do need is versatile wingman who can share some of the playmaking burden, an athletic PF who can make up for KP's lack of lateral quickness on defense, and if we're lucky, a reliable scorer off the bench.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote