View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 10:36 AM   #45
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

We won in 2011 because

1) Dirk (I think Luka is a good replacement but he has to work on consistency).
2) two-man game capable of breaking defenses once defenses tightened up in the half-court.
3) A defense capable of getting stops. You're not going to score every play and missing a shot and then not getting stop can destroy momentum and can make players lose hope. In 2011 we were strong. Not necessarily a bunch of defensive experts, but we were tight in our rotations and we did have 1-2 strong defensive players (Chandler and Stephenson)

Right now we need to work on both 2 and 3. Maybe that's KP. Maybe that's someone else.

I think given time Rick can also get these guys defending well, but I think we still need 1-2 defensive pieces (other than DFS. THJ was decent)
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote