View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 04:21 PM   #60
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post

The variable in this is Rick. Does he have the patience to wait for a guy to click. He did with Dodo. And of course it’s dependent on the player be willing to put in the work—that’s kind of a given. I would take a chance on: DJJ being a player that’s had to scrape and work hard in Miami. If they think he can eventually be a league average(what is that 35-36%?)from 3 or better, and they believe in his defense than that’s the kind of move I’d like to see. Or Frankie, rescued from the mess in NYK land, puts it all together in a better system with a better role.
I don't know if I'd put it completely on Carlisle, but you've correctly identified a potential problem with Frank, or DJJ. You might have to wait a while on them to develop.

When Carlisle lived with younger DFS they weren't a playoff team, or even a good one. I think he'd be doing the franchise a disservice forcing developmental minutes to a guy who wasn't ready to win next season.

But, like you, I think both players are intriguing. I'm ok with acquiring them and letting them work as long as it takes to earn a rotation spot, even if it takes a while, if the price is right. And, I won't cry and bitch if they don't play every night their first year.

The reason I take that deal without hesitation is because Jackson is already out of the rotation, probably never going back in, and I find it hard to believe they'd get anyone at 31 who could contribute any sooner than Frank. It's all upside, to me.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote