View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 04:30 PM   #62
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
I don't know if I'd put it completely on Carlisle, but you've correctly identified a potential problem with Frank, or DJJ. You might have to wait a while on them to develop.

When Carlisle lived with younger DFS they weren't a playoff team, or even a good one. I think he'd be doing the franchise a disservice forcing developmental minutes to a guy who wasn't ready to win next season.

But, like you, I think both players are intriguing. I'm ok with acquiring them and letting them work as long as it takes to earn a rotation spot, even if it takes a while, if the price is right. And, I won't cry and bitch if they don't play every night their first year.

The reason I take that deal without hesitation is because Jackson is already out of the rotation, probably never going back in, and I find it hard to believe they'd get anyone at 31 who could contribute any sooner than Frank. It's all upside, to me.
I tend to agree. Jackson is out of the rotation, and I don’t see pick 31 making an immediate impact. I always like taking a risk on former lottery picks too. I’m confident Rick and his staff can get the most out of players, and putting them into position to succeed.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote