View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 09:35 PM   #29
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Take notice of Miami playing zone defenses.

That zone really benefits guys like Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro. It helps to protect them defensively and keep them on the floor vs Boston more Atheletic wings.

Mavs never would go all in on a zone to protect our weak wing defenders. We trusted them way too much in man coverage all post season.

Doing the championship season the zone was used pretty frequently by the Mavs.

Sometimes the lack of adjustments or refusal to try something different can be very frustrating watching this coaching staff especially when you watch a guy like eric Spoelstra find ways to get the most out of his team defensively.

Seems like defensively every since Dwayne Casey left just has never been the same.
I love Miami, and I love their variety of zones, too.

Both the Heat and the Mavs have young players, but the difference is that with Miami, Herro, Robinson and Nunn are mixed in with Dragic, Butler and Crowder. Almost everyone on the Mavs' team just played their first playoff series, and ALL of their leaders are very low on experience. Point being, I'm sure Carlisle has implemented more in practice than he feels he can get away with in real games, especially against good teams.

Imo, they severely OVERachieved this year, given their lack of experience. I expect that they learned a TON this season. They'll get there.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote