View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 06:00 PM   #119
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Sorry, but your take is flawed.

You cant trash Franks offense but praise Brunson as "hell of an all-around player" when his defense stats are actually pretty terrible. And with little room for improvement due to his physical limitations.

And that comes with him not guarding the prime guard opponents, something Frank does.

Brunson also shot 34.8% in his first season and 35.8% in his second. While playing in Ricks system together with Luka. But Frank with his 32.1% in the trashy trash trash Knicks "offense" is a lost cause?

I really dont care about the stats of Knicks Frank. France/Worldcup Frank is much more interesting and he showed his potential there. The guy is pretty much "improving 4% from downtown" away from being a high valued 3&D guard. And thats a must need with Luka on our team.

You always take this gamble. And the Mavs never had a problem to find quality backup guards who knows how to run the offense. Like i said they have allready a Brunson replacement in the pipeline (Burke).

Luka, Seth on his bargain contract for one of the best shooter...the Mavs cant afford more below average guard/perimeter defender. But they could find a perfect backcourt fit for Luka.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXYwkNKDLzs
I agree with the idea that much of what Brunson brings is pretty replaceable. Every offseason there are Mudiay’s, Burkes, Monte Morris, Meltons of the world who seemingly come out of nowhere and who are capable backup PG. if we can get Burke for half the MLE and use Brunson in a trade that’s not a bad use of assets.

Last edited by mac222b; 09-28-2020 at 06:01 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote