View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 03:01 PM   #153
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
On the roster - 10/15
KP/Powell/Boban
???/Kleber/???
DFS/Jackson/???
Curry/Wright/???
Doncic/Brunson/???

[b]Player options/team options - 2/15/b]
THJ (PO) - probably stays
WCS (PO) - probably gone

Free agents
Lee - let him retire
Barea - let him retire
MKG- put him on the back burner, but he could be good for the min
Burke - re-sign him

10 guys on contract. 12 if we both POs accept, or more likely THJ stays and Burke gets a contract so we'd only have 3 roster spots left.

If we keep our picks, then the first rounder is guaranteed a spot. Second rounder will probably get one too.
I agree with some of your thinking.

I think there's a 100% chance WCS opts in. I've heard at least 5 national cap guys say this. There are very few teams with cap space, and he's definitely not an MLE candidate. Technically, the BAE is slightly more than he'd make this season, but I think he has less than a 50% chance of getting that. If he opts out, he ends up playing for the minimum on a one year deal, more than likely.

I'm less sure about this one, but...I have a feeling the team has plans to bring Lee back. If not, I think they would've done something with that contract. Either a trade at the deadline or a buy out to make room for someone else, like the way they picked up Burke. Could be wrong about this one. I just have a feeling.

I think the Burke situation is FASCINATING. Do they see him as Clippers series Burke, or was that a hot streak? I LOVE what he gave them in the playoffs, and knowing they wanted Kemba last summer, it's easy to see why they put him at the front of the minutes buffet line. I'm active on two Mavs boards, and it's interesting to me that this one sees Burke as a priority to bring back, while the other one has already completely forgotten he exists. Not sure what to expect.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote