View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 02:04 PM   #702
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
It’s easy to understand why a player like Jimmy might get annoyed and not want hitch his wagon to players like Wiggins, KAT, and Embiid. I think he would get along with Luka, and compliment him well even with the need to share the ball.
I think Butler absolutely would've checked off some of the boxes on Dallas' wishlist:
  • Secondary Playmaker - check
  • Mentally tough, to the point where the team's mental toughness is elevated - check
  • 2-way player, whose defensive skills and mindset would elevate the entire team's effectvness on that end - check

I do wonder whether his abilities are as attractive in a role that's more off-ball, but then again, Miami never intended for him to be on-ball this much. Dragic got hurt, and Herro finally looks like a rookie. So, it probably would've worked fine as long as he had the right attitude about it.

Just goes to show how the "narrative" drives our opinion about certain players.

Last edited by KillerLeft; 10-11-2020 at 12:36 AM.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote