View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 12:22 AM   #706
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
I think Butler absolutely would've checked off some of the boxes on Dallas' wishlist:
  • Secondary Playmaker - check
  • Mentally tough, to the point where the team's mental toughness is elevated - check
  • 2-way player, whose defensive skills and mindset would elevate the entire team's effectvness on that end - check

I do wonder whether his abilities are as attractive in a role that's more off-ball, but then again, Miami never intended for him to be on-ball this much. Dragic got hurt, and Herro finally looks like a rookie. So, it probably would've worked fine as long as he had the attitude about it.

Just goes to show how the "narrative" drives our opinion about certain players.
EXACTLY. I think it was expected Nunn and Dragic would be handling the ball duties by now.

I personally think the issues with his last few destination were those teams had no identity. T-Wovles just felt pressured to run a offense around Wiggins who was inconsistent and KAT. Same thing happened with Sixers. ITs crazy to think Jimmy played with probably the two best big men in the league and it resulted in nothing...but not because of Jimmy.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote