View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 09:12 PM   #735
ExRocketNewMav

ExRocketNewMav will become famous soon enoughExRocketNewMav will become famous soon enough

I honestly thought it would take little longer than it has for Fertitta to turn the Rockets into the Knicks.

I've actually got to give him credit though for doing it so quickly.

There's two ways this boils down for Houston:

1) Russ wants out but Harden stays - which is the top priority and would actually improve the team

2) Russ wants out followed by Harden - which is what my gut tells me would eventually occur

When Morey left, he took out a full page in the paper giving thanks. Harden featured very heavily in that. Of course Harden is what launched Morey's name to what it is today - but I wonder if they were seeds being planted.

Morey was always someone who listened to James in all facets of life not just basketball, but he still did whatever he could to appease James which helped develop their relationship.

Fertitta has been so bad, that he has run off the head coach (his contract was up, but by all internal comms the Rockets wanted him back); the GM who said he wants to take time away from basketball to be with his family.... to accepting another job days later.... aka he wants to get the hell away from Fertitta; and has now upset the franchise player (unsubstantiated reports at the moment from Kendrick Perkins that Harden hasn't spoken to the front office for a while now.... although I know Russ and Perkins are tight so I assume where there's smoke there's fire)

I pray Harden finds his way to Philly this season and he has a crack at the East, with his buddy Morey and a team that isn't afraid to spend to win. I don't want Fertitta ruining what's left of Harden's prime years I can only hope Harden doesn't either.

Either way. I said to my friend immediately after the CP3/Westbrook trade happened that it is either going to go great, or it's going to come crashing down in epic proportions. It's funny to see this playing out.
ExRocketNewMav is offline   Reply With Quote