View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 07:29 PM   #424
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
A few things....

Middleton damn near carried the Bucks while Greek Freak pooped the bed. And we all want Freak here.....

I think Mavs fans have to be realistic about getting Luka help. Realistically...we aren't getting better options than Oladipo and Lavine....we are talking about a 3rd player here....we aren't looking for someone to be a superstar.

The Mavs would be doing themselves a disservice passing up talent because its not A list. If the Mavs had a healthy Oladipo or Lavine in the playoffs last year they would've went to the WCF at the very least.

All fair points and to some degree I agree with you. I just think that teams that hand out max or near-max contracts to borderline all-star players end up handicapping themselves. Those contracts should be reserved for guys like Luka and Porzingis.