View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 02:42 AM   #432
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
But we have to match salary so it’d be something like THJ +18+31. Maybe even another future first. LaVine can fill it up. Assume his efficiency would increase here and he buys in on defense. And I like him better than Oladipo and Dinwiddie but he’s also going to cost more in trade.
I don't think the Mavs do it if the other team doesn't value THJ. Mavs always overrate their own guys if anything. THJ is an expiring who can help a contender or be used to clear salary or both and has shown he can be good as a 3rd option. I think if they did trade THJ he should be able to be flipped at the deadline for additional assets. They wanted a 1st for Wes when he was infinitely worse than THJ. So unless they think Lavine is worth 3 picks (essentially what they would view THJ as plus 18 + pseudo 1st 31) then I think they would be looking elsewhere anyway.

Regardless I actually trust the Mavs FO when it comes to trades. We rarely seem to lose trades imo.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote