View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 09:37 PM   #1759
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Just to clarify, it's not that I don't think Denver will improve from within at all. But I think it's overstated. I think we're seeing peak Jokic- which admittedly is really damn good, but I don't see him getting markedly better than he was last year. Murray is someone that everyone is swooning over right now, and it's no question why given his playoff performance- however, I honestly think he played way over his head and he will come back down to earth next year. I think he had a 2003 Nick Van Exel run. Not that he isn't really, really good. But I think he's an all-star, not a superstar.

And I'm with KillerLeft on MPJ. Nice young player, but very overrated.

So I think they can get a little better, but I think they are just as likely to be the same or actually be worse, because I think the loss of Grant hurts them more than anyone seems to realize.

Again, I think people are really overrating them based on what they did to the Clippers. Yeah, it was beautiful to watch. But they could have just as easily lost in the first round to Utah. The Jazz and Clippers just plain choked. ESPECIALLY the Clippers- they choked in maybe the worst way the NBA has ever seen.

Now if the Nuggets had lost in the first round to Utah, would anyone here think they were dangerous and be talking about how much they're going to improve from within?? Particularly after they lost an important piece and did nothing (as of now) to replace him?
Perfectly stated.