View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 12:38 PM   #2038
GQ2003

GQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Roster to start the season:

Doncic - Brunson - Burke - JJB - Terry
THJ - Green
JRich - Iwundu - Hinton
DFS - Kleber - Johnson - Bey
WCS - Powell - Boban

Injured: Porzingis

My best guess at active 12 is the top 2 at each position + Burke and Johnson. I think when KP comes back he will take Johnson’s spot. I think JJB gets cut after training camp and returns as a coach if he can’t find another gig. Truly a much better all around team, our biggest question is going to be outside shooting. If we can ship out Brunson for a late first round pick, we should seriously consider it.
This might not be popular but I think Dallas should start the year with this rotation:

PG: Luka/Brunson/Terry/Barea
SG: THJ/Burke/Green
SF: Richardson/DFS/Iwundu
PF: Johnson/Kleber/Bey
C: WCS/Powell/Boban
*KP injured

I know many would be surprised with me starting WCS & Johnson over Powell/Maxi/DFS but Powell is coming back from a devastating achilles injury and we have no clue what he'll look like athletically. Maxi was exposed in the bubble as a starter. He brings great energy off the bench but as a starter he gets overexposed and all of his weaknesses show up in droves. DFS is too small to play a ton of 4 and gets abused by all of the bigger wings. He was great on PG13 and was destroyed by Kawhi because he's just too small. Johnson can guard 1-5, can handle those bigger wings, can shoot from deep and can even create/pass a little bit too. WCS can play the Powell/Chandler/Brandan Wright rim runner role but can offer rim protection that Powell couldn't even before the injury. WCS is also athletic enough to switch on to smaller players effectively.

This gives Carlisle the opportunity to really see what both Johnson and WCS can do before KP comes back and then we can continue to start whichever of the two is playing better or we think would be a better frontcourt pairing with KP. Also, the lineup of Brunson/Burke/DFS/Maxi/DP has a decent amount of camaraderie and would run opposing benches off the floor while Luka rests.
GQ2003 is offline   Reply With Quote