View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 11:08 AM   #2115
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Lots of optimism for Powell's ability to comeback from an injury that a very small percentage of players have ever done.

In fact the last guy I can even recall that came back from an Achilles injury like that and played close to his old self was Dominque Wilkins.

The Mavs gambled and waited on Wesley Matthews to recover and we kept hearing how he would be better and close to his pre injury form year after year and he never got back to that level of play from his Portland years.

Powell relies on athleticism to catch those lobs as a rim runner. Other than that he doesn't play much defense and he's not a good rebounder. I find it hard to believe that he's going to have that explosive lift this year or be able to move laterally on defense.

If he bounces back great for him but I'd suspect that would be a year or two from now.

WCS is cheaper but he's also longer, more Atheletic and obviously more skilled than Powell in terms of rim protection and rebounding. Neither one of them are any good at shooting 3's.

To me WCS just makes so much more sense than Powell at this point but I know based on RC's history with Powell the same as it was with Matthews he'll continue to force feed unproductive minutes to him.

Last edited by Dallas41; 11-27-2020 at 11:14 AM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote