View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 03:27 PM   #42
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I don't get the Barea thing? I guess we just have the cash left and we reward Barea for being awesome. Maybe lights a fire under the young guys even though Terry will probably win out. I like that Rick wants to keep guys hungry. The only problem is that once Terry gets a deal, if we cut him, we lose his rights. We can't just bump him down to the G-League while retaining rights. Most likely, Barea just gets waived and signs on as a coach while collecting that guaranteed money as a reward for loyalty.

Also I love that Brunson contract. They don't always work out (Roby and others), but when they do, you lock up a guy for cheap and long. 4 years 6 mill is a bargain for a guy like Brunson who has averaged 20 mpg over his first two seasons. Successful teams need those guys who produce but aren't paid much. If Terry sucks? He didn't really hurt our cap since he's barely over a cap hold. If he's good, then you just secured a potential second-stringer/starter for minimum money for multiple years of Doncic's reign.
I don't get it either......maybe he's our Udonis Haslem.....only thing I can think of.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote