View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 11:05 AM   #30
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezzi View Post
He's rhe primary shooter now, he's not shooting that high.
I skimmed the last page, so hopefully I’m not misunderstanding the conversation, but:

Go check the attempts...THJ was the primary shooter last year, tbh. He shot 40% on over 500 attempts (7.2 per game, 8.8 per 36). The only shooters who made a bigger impact at such a high volume were Robinson, Reddick and Hield. That’s ELITE company.

If you think it might have been an outlier, and that he won’t be as good this season, that’s fair. But, it is inaccurate to say that Curry was more important to the Mavs last season than THJ. Curry is a better shooter, but he’s even more one dimensional than THJ. And, for whatever reason, Curry doesn’t seem to be able to get enough shots off to make his one dimension work for his team in as meaningful of a way. Maybe it’s just his size, maybe his release is too slow (it’s definitely not as quick as THJ’s) or maybe he’s just selfishly concerned about his percentages.

I love Curry, and I was sorry to see him go, but the team’s only real trade assets were three value players on value contracts: Curry, DFS and Kleber. Of those three, Curry is unquestionably the one I feel was least crucial moving forward. To get Richardson AND a pick (Tyler Bey!!) for him was a master stroke, imo.

Last edited by KillerLeft; 11-29-2020 at 11:07 AM.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote