View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 12:30 PM   #101
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post

In regards for Johnson it's not about his skill set like I mentioned he's a solid player. I just don't have as much confidence as others that he'll be utilized as often as we'd like to see him. I'm just basing this off the way rotations have been handled in prior years. But hey I could be wrong and if so than I'm happy.
Yeah, I had no problem at all understanding your take.

I believe one possible explanation for the Mavericks going (pretty far) out of their way to re-route Ariza and bring in Johnson might be that they (Carlisle included) see a real NEED for another legit, modern 4. If that's the case, it would seem like he's going to get a chance.

There could be an alternate reason for this, but if so, I'm not seeing it. Again, Ariza is just as expiring as Johnson, so the increased flexibility aspect of the move would've been accomplished either way. For some reason, they specifically wanted Johnson and were willing to part with an additional 2nd round pick to get him.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote