View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 09:20 PM   #132
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Terry officially signed already. He got a four year deal with guaranteed money that required part of the MLE to legally offer. The contract is similar to Brunson’s, and the ability to add an extra year of cheap team control is one of the reasons the Mavs prefer early 2nd round picks over late 1st round picks.

There is no chance he gets moved to a two way deal, in my opinion. I’m not even sure it would be legal to do that.

All signs are still pointing to this one year guaranteed deal being a “gold watch“ from the Mavs to Berea. I think it’s a way for them to pay him a nice chunk of change after they cut him and he transitions to coaching.

But, if he does end up making the team, my guess is that Iwundu or Boban would be the sacrificial lamb, based simply on the idea that they represent the lowest one year salaries on the team. I really don’t think it’s going to come to that though.

EDIT: Just double checked, and Iwundu is on a TWO year deal, so it’s probably not gonna be him. It would pretty much have to be Boban, WCS or Brunson...and I honestly cant see them cutting any of those guys for Barea. Just doesn’t seem plausible.

Last edited by KillerLeft; 12-01-2020 at 09:28 PM.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote