View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 09:58 AM   #145
VA-Mavs-Fan

VA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
Yeah, maybe...but I think what Dallas41 was suggesting is that something might happen imminently that could help clear a roster spot at the beginning of the season for Barea.

What you're talking about would involve at least one of their big, expiring contracts (Richardson, Hardaway, Johnson) and probably wouldn't happen until the trade deadline.
OK got it. But, IMO, as part of clearing a roster spot, they won't decrease cap space for next summer (assuming Giannis has not signed supermax). They wont sacrifice Giannis dream to open a roster spot. I suppose this is obvious. It just seems JJB will be moving to a coaching spot. Lots of players for him to work with to develop where he could make a big impact on the franchise. e.g., Green, Tyler, Bey, Hinton. Not sure he is ready to stop playing. The wildcard is if Doncic wants him on the team this year as a player, then something will happen to keep him on the roster. I would hate that, but maybe its about keeping Luka happy

Last edited by VA-Mavs-Fan; 12-02-2020 at 09:58 AM.
VA-Mavs-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote