View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 08:30 PM   #169
VA-Mavs-Fan

VA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
“This is a statement that I have never made before. If LeBron and Kevin Durant and Anthony Davis came to Milwaukee; I would have been good with that. I am not interested if I am the top, second or third name, ok? Because I want to win…,” explained Giannis.
What size cowboy boots do you wear, Giannis?
Haha- exactly. There are a number of articles and quotes out there - Giannis thinks that Luka is one of the greatest talents in the NBA, right now. Piecing everything together, I think the Mavs have a decent shot at Giannis, if he doesn't sign the supermax by 12-21. That's really shocking, considering the Mavs poor track record in attracting FAs over the years. But Luka's amazing talent, and Giannis' euro connection with Luka, makes this entirely different.

All this talk about adding another player through trades, Markainen, Lavine, etc., is interesting, and might be good, but of course pales in comparison to what adding Giannis would do for the team. Mavs aren't going to do anything to impact their cap room for next summer, if Giannis doesn't sign the supermax, and the dream is still alive. Luka gives them a decent shot - as good or better than any other team, IMO.

Of course, if he doesn't sign, our team is still setup with good talent, and some young athletic prospects going forward.
VA-Mavs-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote