View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 12:04 AM   #182
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
To sign Giannis, we would have to release Richardson's cap hold to get a max slot. Then we could only offer Richardson the MLE. That'll be laughed at by Richardson's agent

But Richardson >>>MIGHT<<< wait a year to get taken care of. After all, he'd be playing with Luka AND Giannis AND Porzingis and I'm sure that he would get a "make up" contract. Say Richardson would get a 3 year $60m contract next offseason, he could take his $11m next year and the Mavs give him a 2 year $49m contract the following offseason

It would be a gamble but in theory it COULD happen (probably won't because his agent would strongly advise him to take the $60m in hand) but it is possible
I think they are several ways to make Giannis and Josh 17m caphold work.

Declining WCS PO and dumping Powell and the Mavs sit at 65m + Josh caphold. If Giannis announces to sign with us there is Always the S&T option etc.

So i think there is a way...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote