View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 11:28 AM   #2
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I'm not saying he's not a nice player-- I'm just saying it's silly to talk about him

1) We could not have gotten him. We had no cap space. We had a 9.3 million dollar MLE. Wood got 14 million. We literally couldn't have afforded him unless he took a discount to come here and there's zero evidence he would have, particularly with Houston making a bigger offer at the beginning of FA. You could say that we'd have done an SnT, but again, it's hard to match salaries, BAE is really hard to match, and it would probably take some positive assets like picks, which we just don't have. In the meantime, Wood got a fat offer sheet within an hour of free-agency being opened and he was a UFA, meaning he'd have probably just signed that offer sheet anyway. We could not have gotten him without moving heaven and earth and...

2) We had more pressing needs with four centers on the roster (KP, Boban, Powell, Kleber) one of whom was getting the max and a decent PF lineup (DFS, Johnson, Kleber)
Man you edited that a lot, lol. I don't think it was silly to talk about him. I AM going to say that a SNT was possible. We can wonder if salaries would be hard to match but if you are offering the same amount Hou offered I think it would at least make a little sense for him to consider us since we are closer to competing. I don't consider his 13mil a fat payday given what he can do. Who knows if they even reached out about him to anyone. Didn't Delon just go to Detroit and they start him in preseason games? There is a large chunk of the salary match to the team Wood left.

We do have 4 or 5 centers, and only 1 of which should be played as a starter. KP is a stud and behind him everyone drops off the face of the earth in comparison. Maxi is solid but I like him at the 4 more often because he can defend well away from the paint. I would have happily moved any of them and only been slightly upset about Maxi.

I mean, I all but guaranteed Wood was going to be a stud many months ago, and after 1 preseason showing I think it's a lock . MBT didn't listen and I have no idea why they aren't scouring this site for hot takes. That's on them.

I'd like to close this with they missed 2 guys I wanted and half the damn city can't watch the games legally. weak rant end/

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 12-18-2020 at 11:31 AM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote