View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 05:16 AM   #35
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Sure, is partial hyperbole a thing? I mean, We need 2 way players now though and definitely sooner than in 2-3 years. Its great that the guys we have are potentially going to contribute in 2-3 years years but we are ready to contend much much sooner. THJ is not at all a 2 way player and Brunson being close to his ceiling too, I'd trade for earlier potential. I have not seen enough of Green to determine that he has such a higher ceiling than Bane. Green may totally surpass Bane and be an all-star, I highly doubt it, but we will have long forgotten about this conversation by then.
Idk if it’s a thing now that you mention it haha. More of an oxymoron actually I’d say. I think we are 2-4 years from being a serious contender and thus Green fits our timeline perfectly. Luka needs to work on his body, among other things. KP needs good health. We need another playmaker/scorer that’s better at those things than Richardson, while also, hopefully, keeping Richardson. Lakers and Clippers and Bucks need to age out.

I don’t see Green(or Bane) ever being an all-star but I think he could be a solid starter for nearly a decade. If we don’t trade him in a deal for a vet.. RC seems to really like him and his work ethic and that’s half the battle for a young player here.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote