View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 05:05 PM   #1166
ChampsAgainShoon

ChampsAgainShoon has a spectacular aura aboutChampsAgainShoon has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
No matter how hard Luka works, I don't think his ceiling will ever be quite as high as Lebron's, because Lebron is probably the greatest physical specimen the sport has ever seen. That being said, I think Luka does have the potential to be a top `0 all time player. A guy who can win multiple championships and multiple MVPs.
Yeah I mean he'll never be as athletic as Lebron, but I think he can be up there as far as success depending on how much he dedicates himself to his craft although reaching 10 finals is tough to beat. Larry Bird was not super athletic either, but he is around the top 10 all time and a dog and someone you want on your team, just a winner. I don't think Luka will ever be like Larry Bird in that aspect either, but from talent you're just born with he's probably more talented than Bird without being the assassin Bird is. OTTH, Bird was a better shooter and better defensively.

Getting a little off subject what I miss about the Mavs that I hope Luka and KP can bring back is those double digit win streaks during the regular season. It's a sign of dominance over the league and we haven't had it since Prime Dirk, haven't had one since the championship season. Every non-Mavs fan that pays close attention to the team acted shocked that we won the championship, but before Dirk's injury during that season we were the best team in the league record wise.

Last edited by ChampsAgainShoon; 01-02-2021 at 05:10 PM.
ChampsAgainShoon is offline   Reply With Quote