Thread: Bradley Beal
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 05:01 PM   #27
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
But he won't have to be that 30 ppg guy if we are serious about defense.

I mean, obviously he has to stay healthy, but it seems like lots of players are getting hurt recently.
I mean, again, I'm trying to think of an example of a recent championship team whose 2nd best player wasn't significantly better than KP and I'm coming up blank- unless you count Lowry on the Raptors, which again I think is an asterisk title.

You reframed my original question. You said you wouldn't want to "give up the farm" for someone like Beal. My question was, if you could trade KP for Beal while keeping our defensive depth would you do it? Like, say, KP, THJ + picks or something like that? Maybe one of our young guys?

Because Beal is a better player than KP and it's not even close. Beal is probably a top 15 player. At least right now. I don't think KP is a top 35 player.

I was listening to Bill Simmons' podcast recently and the great Jackie MacMullan was relating a conversation she'd had a few years ago with Danny Ainge. The Celtics had recently traded or let go of one of their best defensive players, I forget who. But when MacMullan asked Ainge about it, he said something to the effect of, "yeah, it hurts. But I can always get another defensive player. The lights-out scorer though? Those are the guys that are incredibly hard to get and you have to hang onto."

I generally agree with that sentiment.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote