Thread: Bradley Beal
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 12:36 AM   #37
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
First off, I said he was a top player in the bubble and that's not even really subjective. He was killing it.
Well what you actually said was that he was "easily top 10." I disagree with that, but I think we can all agree that he was really damn good.

Quote:
If we keep playing good defense, and KP stays healthy, then yes, I do think we're contenders. We're at least a better than first round exit team, although the West is though so you never know.

I think it depends far more on guys like THJ and JRich than it does on KP. I guess we'll see how he comes back from this injury this time.
But that sort of illustrates my point. If KP was the caliber of star that I think you need for a 2nd option on a championship team, then it wouldn't much matter what guys like THJ and JRich did. They'd be title contenders regardless. Maybe we're just quibbling over what a "star" is, but we'll agree that there are different levels of stardom, right? Lebron and AD just won a title with a bunch of average role players. That's the type of star duo you need to win a championship typically. Again, 2nd best players on title teams are usually perennial all-nba guys and hall-of-famers.

There are exceptions, sure, but they are the exceptions. If KP is the 2nd best player, then you're looking at something a lot closer to the 2011 Mavs, 2003 Spurs, 1993 and 1994 Rockets- meaning "carry jobs" where one transcendently amazing player more or less carries the team on his back.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote