Thread: Bradley Beal
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 12:46 AM   #38
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Just for the record we all know KP has some injuries early in his career.

But take a look at Anthony Davis 1st 5 years in the NBA he was injury prone as well.

Games Played

Davis is a career 24 PPG and 10 RPG

Just pointed that out because someone mentioned KP avg 20 PPG and 9 RPG not being elite Numbers but those numbers aren't that far off from Davis career numbers.
Dude, come on. You cannot be serious. AD is light years better than KP. It's not close. AD has been a top 5-7 player every year since he's been in the league. Offensively, maybe you could argue that KP is sort of in AD's league. But defensively, they're not even remotely comparable. AD is one of the best defensive big men the game has ever seen.

I'll grant you that AD is injury prone. Still not as injury prone as KP.

Quote:
Davis is clearly better and recently he's stayed healthy but it's not out of the realm of possibility that KP just had bad luck early in his career and I believe the player we witnessed in the bubble is the KP the Mavs are going to get moving forward.
I really, really, really hope its just been bad luck, but I don't believe it is. The history of 7'3 guys and injuries is really, really bad.

Quote:
And to me that KP is a legit 2nd Star next to Luka and the Mavs don't need a 3rd star just another top of the line player.
Could you please explain to me what the difference is between a "star" and a "top of the line player?" Could you give me an example of a player who would make these Mavs a title contender but isn't a "star?"

Quote:
As someone else stated he was called the unicorn for a reason and to me I think he's grown as a player since that name was given to him. We've seen on several occasions without Luka where KP has actually dominated games and had he stayed healthy in that Clippers playoff series i think a lot of Mavs fans would view him differently.
He's called the Unicorn because Kevin Durant called him that and it stuck. It's a fun nick name. Let's not act like is a measure for any actual basketball greatness or accomplishments.

Look, I hope you guys are right. I really do. I'm obviously rooting hard for KP. But I have to see it first.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote