View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 12:21 PM   #87
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Poor THJ is the worst defender that we have to rely on to contribute. He loses his man, lets small guys get rebounds over him and has TERRIBLE feel of when he can leave his man to help or double in the paint. He dips down too often and when he does nothing ever gets accomplished...aside from a wide open 3.

They need to find a way to tie it all together. We can't keep having 20 seconds of solid defense and then shit the bed for an easy layup or an open 3.
I'm glad someone is seeing this with him.

The thing that irks me though is in that 3rd qtr you could see him pick up the intensity on that end of the floor vs Murray.

Now I'm not saying he was able to play lock down defense but just the extra effort alone really helped to slow things down.

That is IMO the way THJ should play right out of the gates.

Instead he seems to coast on defense for long stretches of games and launch that 3 point shot early and often even if there are driving lanes to attack.

In the 2nd half you could see him make of an effort to get to the rim and even run the floor in transition. Those easier buckets seemed to spark his 3-PT shot in the 3rd qtr before he cooled off again in the 4th.

No one expects THJ to shoot the ball great every nigh but when your shot isn't falling you got to at least bring energy on the defensive end so that your not being a liability on both ends of the floor for 3 out of 4 qtr's.

But hey maybe that's why he's better suited to being a 6th man where his shot hunting and lack of defense won't really hurt the team as often.

Last edited by Dallas41; 01-26-2021 at 12:25 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote