View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 10:37 AM   #86
VA-Mavs-Fan

VA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
I am thinking that Rick is on the hot seat within the organization to get this team out of the rut asap...therefore was not going to play guys he cant trust. He had to play his best players tonight without experimenting with the lineup. His leash has been shortened on the whole "experimenting with lineups". I dont think Green was ever going to play in a game like last night even though casuals like myself think Green could have bothered Booker or Paul with his athleticism and energy and lat quickness.

On the Paul thing, though...I think Paul might be too savy for the rook. I am assuming Paul would have gotten Green fouled out quick. Easy free throws, etc etc. Doesnt mean Green couldnt have bothered him.
Well - Green couldn't possibly done worse than allowing CP go 14/20. That's embarrassing, and shows our total failure in even slowing him down. Green is a much much better defender than THJ, Burke, Brunson. And he will only get better, if RC plays him - he was just starting to get comfortable on offense, when he started getting DNPs. I see the short leash for RC, but if he really means -"playing great defense is job 1", then he needs to give Burke's minutes to Green, at the very least.
VA-Mavs-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote